translated from Spanish: Selected

Diego Godín, Luis Suárez supported the intervention of FIFA to Uruguayan football and José María Giménez led a group of players who said Wednesday, through a letter, its support for the intervention of the FIFA in the Uruguayan Football Association (AUF), decision that has prompted the rejection of managers of clubs and the national Government. Footballers, common in the Celeste selection, expressed is through a letter, which was released on their Twitter accounts by Captain Diego Godín, who then was followed by striker Luis Suárez and the central José María Giménez.» We support expressly this measure aimed to establish that had been years being claimed by the majority of sectors of Uruguayan football,»said the manifesto. The goal, according to add the text, is «definitively establish the principles of transparency, democracy and plurality in the AUF». Players claim that the current members of the AUF «have refused repeatedly to bring about the necessary reforms» that require the FIFA and the South American Soccer Confederation (Conmebol). These modifications are of «justice» for everyone in Uruguayan football has «voz y voto». Also claimed investigate the procurement of assets of the AUF to determine if, in the past twenty years, were committed irregularities or corruption.» It is time that Uruguay soccer begins to abide by the will of all stakeholders that compose it, and not by external people who are due to interests of third parties,»the document concludes. FIFA announced Tuesday that it will appoint a regularizadora Commission that will be in charge of the AUF and the statutes of the Uruguayan Agency in the coming months suit to call new elections. The institutional crisis in the AUF occurred when the last President, Wilmar Valdez, was forced to resign in charge, after they transcend audios that committed its management at the end of July. The case, which also involves officials and businessmen linked to soccer, is being investigated by the Uruguayan Prosecutor. The candidates to succeed as President of the AUF, Eduardo Abulafia and Arturo de el Campo, Valdez did not meet suitability requirements established by the South American Soccer Confederation (Conmebol). Through a statement released Tuesday, Conmebol said that the announcement of FIFA is based «on the lack of guarantees in the electoral process, including the lack of an independent Electoral Tribunal», considering that the AUF statutes have not been updated in accordance with the requirements established by FIFA and Conmebol in 2016.



Original source in Spanish

Related Posts