Mexico.-Andrés Manuel López Obrador, president of Mexico, declared this Thursday deserted the bidding for the construction of the refinery of Dos Bocas, Tabasco. The work will be carried out by Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex) and the energy Secretariat within three years.
«Today we are going to report on the decision we have taken to carry out the construction of the two-mouth refinery by administration. In other words, the refinery will be built with the coordination, administration and supervision of Petroleos Mexicanos and the energy Secretariat, «he said.
López Obrador added that the bidding that had been opened for the construction was deserted because «they were asking a lot, they went over the 8 billion dollars and at the time of construction».
The president said that the construction work will begin on 2 June, with the aim of the refinery being ready in May 2022.
«100,000 construction jobs will be created and will be completed by May 2022. I get tired goose, «he said.
According to the president, the project will be the secretary of Energy, Rocío Nahle, who is going to dispatch from Villahermosa, Tabasco.
On the other hand, Nahle noted that the decision on the bidding was delivered at 23:30 hours on Wednesday to the companies that participated in the restricted invitation for the construction of the refinery.
The officer added that before this opinion was delivered, the company Technip withdrew its proposal.
«The bidding was declared deserted by the non-fulfilment of the bases that were issued for this call,» he explained.
Nahle added that as the head of the Secretariat of Energy has the obligation to «establish, conduct and coordinate the country’s energy policy.»
«Therefore, as President of the Board of Directors of Pemex and the productive companies of the state, I have the power to coordinate and promote the project of the construction of the refinery of Dos Bocas, as well as to establish the technical guidelines in the Hiring processes and ensuring that the time, cost and quality goals are met. »
The official explained that there are three criteria that will guide the construction of the oil plant: to be completed in three years, that the budget does not exceed the 8 billion of dollars and that are complied with the international standards of quality and efficiency Energy.
Nahle said that next June 2nd will be the first work of conditioning the site and the corresponding detail engineering.
On the other hand, Octavio Romero Oropeza, director of Pemex, said that for the project will be invested this year around 50 billion pesos.
Source: The Financier