According to the Observatory of Gender Violence «now they see us», 4 years after the first mobilization, 1139 femicides are counted in Argentina. In the country, a woman dies in the hands of male violence every 25 hours. As far as this 2019 is already 133 the number of women murdered, while in Mendoza so far are recorded 3.
The cases occurred in January, March and May. The first was the femicide of Liliana Olguín, 49 years old, beaten by his ex-partner, Luis Alberto Sosa, 54, in Las Heras. The second also took place in Las Heras: Verónica Azzolina, 47 years old, received a escopetazo by his ex, Claudio Rodríguez, 41, who after the fact committed suicide. The third took place last May 8th in Guaymallén when Guillermo Humberto Navia (57) finalized his partner, María Gisel Villafañe de 25years.
This Monday June 3 is the National March #NiUnaMenos. In Mendoza, the call is to the 18HS, in pedestrian and San Martín. In this March-the fifth from 2015 to date-the claims and demands that are raised are as follows:
• No more femicides, Travesticidios and Transfemicides.
• Legal abortion.
• No more adjustment of MACRI and Cornejo.
• No more no retirement.
• National emergency already.
• Budget and application of law 26,485.
• Labor inclusion transvestite and Trans.
• Appearance with life of Gisela Gutiérrez and Viviana Luna. In this note: