translated from Spanish: San Juan and Mendoza are ready to receive Chilean football matches

Tomorrow Tuesday at the headquarters of the National Professional Football Association (ANFP) an extraordinary Council of Presidents will be held, where it will be decided whether or not to continue playing the National Championship.After the return of football in Chile was postponed again last week, many voices, including the Sifup, have called for the end of the season. However, from the ANFP they still hope to be able to finish the tournament properly, opening up to different alternatives, such as playing behind closed doors or taking some matches abroad. In this sense, from the Argentine cities of San Juan and Mendoza were open to receive matches the National Championship.Jorge Chica, secretary of SanJuanino Sports, told El Gráfico that «the doors of Argentina will always be open for our Chilean brothers. The option is fully open.» In the same vein, he said, «it’s a matter of seeing the security measures. We have a system called safe grandstand, so there are other government bodies that would start working there.» For his part, Federico Chiapetta, undersecretary of Sports of Mendoza, argued that «everything that we can accommodate to be played, would be a pleasure, of course,» he said. However, he clarified that «on Tuesday we have a visit from Conmebol, for the 2020 Copa América, because we will be home. We’ll see if they suggest remodeling.» In any case, he clarified that these works would be carried out in January, which would not generate inconveniences, and that they are qualified to receive high call meetings, since even the 2018 River Plate and Boca Juniors played in Mendoza the Super Cup.



Original source in Spanish

Related Posts

Add Comment