translated from Spanish: Spain has no data on poor health on Emilio Lozoya

Spanish prison authorities indicated that there is no record of the alleged poor health of former Pemex director Emilio Lozoya, as reported in his official communiqué by the FGR.
«Prison sources in Spain say they have no record that Lozoya had any suffering,» they confirmed to Animal Político.
Upon arrival in Mexico, the former director of Pemex was transferred to a hospital due to major health problems, which was ratified by a doctor from the former former officer’s own family.
«The medical expert of the Attorney General’s Office (FGR), for his part, carried out the corresponding physical and medical review of the extradite and found developed anaemia and sensitive problems in the esophagus, as well as a general weakness in his entire health, so he proposed his hospital stay. The extradite’s family asked, and was authorized, for a private doctor to also do a checkup, in which he found the same symptoms. On the basis of this, the MPF ordered his transfer to a hospital,» the prosecutor’s office said in his statement.
Read: Lozoya arrives in Mexico and is transferred to a hospital for anemia and esophageous problems
Emilio Lozoya was arrested in Malaga, Spain on February 13. He was subsequently transferred to a prison in Madrid during the extradition trial that eventually concluded with the former director of Pemex accepting it in exchange for collaborating with the Public Prosecutor’s Office and obtaining some legal benefit. In all that time, no health problems were reported to the former government official Enrique Peña Nieto.
A transfer that didn’t exist?
The former director of Pemex arrived shortly before one in the morning at Mexico City International Airport on a plane of the Attorney General’s Office (FGR) from Spain, a country from which he was extradited in compliance with two arrest warrants for the Odebrecht and Altos Hornos cases of Mexico.
So far everything was going as planned. But in the hours that had to be made available to the judges who ordered his capture, it became a transfer to a health-troubled hospital made in the midst of conflicting versions.
Chronologically, the events happened as follows: at 3:58 a.m. on Friday, a convoy of 6 vans, a car and 2 motorcycles – all from the FGR – left the facilities of the capital airport in the east of the capital.
Find out: What you’re accused of, potential legal benefits and cell ‘neighbors’, lozoya case keys
The route of the convoy was followed by numerous media outlets. At 4:24 a.m., the convoy arrived at the Northern Preventive Reclusory at the Town Hall Gustavo A. Madero where dozens of photographers and cameramen were already waiting for you.
Within 15 minutes the vehicles remained in detention as the media prevented the convoy from entering the complex quickly. Finally, at 4:42 a.m., the two vans leading the convoy, a white and a black one, entered the front parking area of the prison complex where they could no longer be followed by the press.
In the minutes that later, the media found out that Emilio Lozoya had entered the inmate in one of those vehicles and even the photograph of a man inside one of the vans, carrying bulletproof vest, head cover and cap, was even carefully disseminated, making sure it was Lozoya.
Even at 6 a.m. the Council of the Federal Judiciary activated through its social communication area a chat in the whatsapp application where the details of the initial audience of Lozoya would be released, after that due to health restrictions it would not be allowed to enter the public and press to it.
However, the minutes were over without official confirmation at what time the hearing would take place, since the FGR had not requested that the hearing be scheduled.
At 7:01 a.m., the FGR issued communiqué 225/20 confirming that Lozoya had arrived at the airport, however, revealed that the medical review that under the law should be carried out on any detainee upon arrival elsewhere, there had been significant health problems in the former Director of Pemex, including «developed anaemia and sensitive problems in the esophagus». This, according to the Prosecutor’s Office, was also corroborated by a private doctor in the former functionman’s family.
For this reason, the FGR indicated that the Public Prosecutor’s Office ordered the transfer of the detainee to a hospital for detention and observation as detainees, a situation that was notified to the relevant judges. It’s deci(r) according to official information from the Prosecutor’s Office, Lozoya was not transferred to the capital prosecutor’s prison.
Find out: Audience of Emilio Lozoya will be deprived by COVID pandemic; information will be given to media by WhatsApp
At 7:45 a.m. FGR authorities contacted Political Animal to confirm that Lozoya was never transferred to the prison, but was taken directly to a hospital, and that the convoy that the media followed during the morning was «a different stagecoach,» from which so far no details have been given.
However, in parallel with this fact at the morning conference that President Andrés Manuel López Obrador offered from Colima, security Secretary Alfonso Durazo pointed out, albeit in a tone of doubt, that Lozoya had been taken to the capital inmate.
«He was effectively admitted to this penalty but was immediately transferred to a hospital for some symptoms of some discomfort he had. I’m trying to locate the D.A.’s report…» Durazo said.
Despite this point, the FGR – which is ultimately the legally responsible body for Lozoya’s transfer and management – maintained its position regarding the direct transfer from the airport to Lozoya hospital. 
This version was later strengthened by authorities in the Government of Mexico City who at 8:30 a.m. confirmed Political Animal that Lozoya was never admitted to the Facilities of the Northern Preventive Reclusory.
For its part, the Council of the Federal Judiciary ratified at 9 a.m. to this medium that Lozoya’s initial hearing was never scheduled as, although they were ready for it, the Prosecutor’s Office did not request the conduct of it.
In turn, neither the Judiciary nor the capital government had corroborated, until 10 a.m., whether a person in charge in the convoy who in the early morning followed the media and where the former director of Pemex was supposed to go.
What we do in Animal Político requires professional journalists, teamwork, dialogue with readers and something very important: independence. You can help us keep going. Be part of the team.
Subscribe to Animal Politics, receive benefits and support free journalism #YoSoyAnimal.

Original source in Spanish

Related Posts

Add Comment