home Featured, Finance New business closure could result in losses of 150 mdp per weekend to the restaurant sector
Morelia, Michoacán.- The closure of the restaurants from Thursday to Sunday, as proposed by the governor of the state Silvano Aureoles Conejo would generate losses of 150 million pesos every weekend, said Alejandro Hernández Torres, president of the National Chamber of the Restaurant Industry and Spicy Foods (Canirac) in Michoacán.
In interview, Hernández Torres said that such a measure remains a possibility and so far there is no official announcement, and he does not agree that again the sector had to close.
“We have nothing coercive so far. It’s a possibility, but we wouldn’t like it because we last about 120 days with revenue-free businesses and making such a decision would affect thousands of employees, because restaurants have better sales on weekends,” he said.
In this sense, the president of Canirac pointed out that to date, the economic sector has lost four billion pesos and since the reopening with the New Cohabitation (June 1), sales do not exceed 40 percent.
He recalled that as a result of the health contingency more than 250 businesses of the restaurant turn have closed their doors, many with no chance of reopening.