translated from Spanish: Oklahoma teen dies from dreaded challenge ‘Benadryl challenge’

Oklahoma, USA.- A dangerous TikTok trend is blamed for the death of a 15-year-old girl from Oklahoma.According to Newsweek, Benadryl Challenge encourages users of the social media app to consume large amounts of allergy medication in an effort to get high and experience hallucinations.
Stay informed about what matters most to you

Get the most relevant news of the day in your e-mail

Thank you for subscribing!
Check your inbox to confirm your email and start getting the latest news

Take advantage and take the next step
Get our news alerts so you don’t miss anything
Receive notifications

Not bad! You’ve subscribed to notifications
Set up and choose your preferences
Set up notifications

Enter your e-mail

Subscribe

Subscribing involves accepting the terms and conditions

Not bad! You’ve subscribed to notifications
Set up and choose your preferences

The dose that can cause a hallucination is very close to the dose that can cause something life-threatening, Scott Schaeffer, director of the Oklahoma Center for Poison and Drug Information, told KFOR television station.

Parents warn of the dangers of the challenge. Twitter

Schaeffer explained that large doses of Benadryl (diphenhydramine) can cause seizures and heart problems. Last month, Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth issued a warning to parents after he treated three teenagers who overdosed earlier this year. All three patients survived, but their situations serve as a warning to parents.

They warn about the challenge in Tiktok «Benadryl Challenge» which is to take a high amount of the antihistamine, so that hallucinations occur and then publish the reactions.
The challenge has already led to the deaths of a 15-year-old girl Oklahoma, USA pic.twitter.com/d14pv6PApW — Sandra Ortiz (@SandraTvazteca)
September 2, 2020

Nurse practitioner Amber Jewison treated all three of them. Two were admitted in a single day, he told our sister station WFAA. In one case, a teenager took 14 pills in one night. «We’ve seen children overdose in suicide attempts,» Jewison said.
But this was different. These kids weren’t trying to hurt themselves. They watched a video and told them exactly how many milligrams to take and to see how it made them feel.

You may be interested: She is tricked by her friend with fake baby shower to take her baby out of the wombIt’s latest news: Weather phenomena today September 3thBolivia sets a daily record of deceased by COVID-19 in the country





Original source in Spanish

Related Posts

Add Comment