SME industrial production accumulates a growth of 22.7% in the year

The production of industrial SMEs registered in November an improvement of 17.6% compared to the same month of 2020, according to the monthly survey carried out by the Argentine Confederation of Medium Industry (CAME).
In the accumulated of the first eleven months of the year, the SME industry added an increase of 22.7% compared to the same period of 2020 and had an increase of 2.5% compared to the same period of 2019, in the pre-pandemic.
The SME entity said in a statement that the November result responds to the “recovery of consumption” and delays in authorizations to enter imported goods, which boosts the sale of local production.

The improvement was also verified in the monthly comparison -measured at constant prices-, with an increase in November of 6.6% compared to last October. Regarding the use of installed capacity, in the case of industrial SMEs it was even higher than the average verified by Indec for the entire industry, which in October was 66.4%. “SMEs produced with 74.3% of their installed capacity, 3 points above October,” said the CAME report.
Of a total of 300 firms surveyed by the entity, 21.5% of the companies declared that they were working at 100% and 57.1% with more than 90%. Meanwhile, 63% of the SMEs consulted evaluated the current situation of their company as good or very good, while for the remaining 37% it is between regular and bad.

The survey covers a total of 11 productive sectors. Of that total, 8 traded year-on-year increases in November, while the remaining three showed declines. Among the first were Paper, cardboard, publishing and printing, which in November marked an improvement of 72.6% per year and 53% compared to the same month of 2019. While the Apparel and textile category marked a rise of 40.2% per year and 36.1% compared to the same period of 2019.On the contrary, in the transport material sector production fell 21.2% annually in November and 11.6% compared to the same month of 2019, with many problems to manufacture due to the lack of raw material.
In this note:

Original source in Spanish

Related Posts

Add Comment