Ethan Peters, a youtuber of nearly 140,000 subscribers, died Saturday, September 5, from an overdose. The Texas-born influencer was dedicated to uploading beauty videos, testing makeup and showing off her different looks. The news was confirmed by her friend Ava Louise, who uploaded some messages on Twitter regarding what happened.
My best friend in the entire world, my twin flame….. the only person there for me when I had no one. I love you Ethan, I am at a loss for words. I wish I knew how bad it was. I know what you’d want me to say to the Internet rn but I’m to heartbroken to say it. Rip ❤️ pic.twitter.com/EjQdm0JVxE — Ava Louise (ig @avalouiise) (@realavalouiise)
September 5, 2020
«My best friend in the whole world, my soul mate… The only person who was there when he didn’t have anyone,» she wrote. «I love you Ethan, I’m speechless. According to the TMZ medium, Peters would have consumed Oxycodone, a very addictive painkiller. Ava also said of this: «Addiction is a disease. I’ve been talking to Ethan about it for the last few weeks. Everyone close to him was scared.» The day before his death, Peters had uploaded a photo comparing his image as a child to a recent one. «I’d like to thank everyone who made me bullying,» he wrote in the footer. «I do this once a year to see how much I changed and the only thing that didn’t change is the dark circles.» When the news spread, thousands of users gathered in that post to give it one last goodbye. «Rest easy, king,» actor Chase Keith wrote.